Marketing Your Holiday Home
Long gone are the days where cottage owners and agents could post an advert in the local post office window or in the paper, and wait for people to call and book their self-catering breaks in Devon. With times changing and an increasingly competitive holiday rental market, we at Discovery Holiday Homes do all that we can to make sure that your holiday home stands out from the competition, including using our extensitive marketing.
Discovery Holiday Homes has the benefit of being more than just a locally-focussed brand, in the heart of our communities, and with a close relationship with our owners, cleaners and customers. Behind the scenes, we're also part of the Original Cottages family of local brands, meaning that you get the local, effective and intimate personal service which others could only hope to achieve, but with the backing of a larger company for marketing your holiday cottage to the masses, far more than what your average local agent would be able to achieve.
Here are just a few examples of ways which we ensure your holiday home is seen by as many of the right customers for you as possible.
- Extensive Affiliate Marketing - we market all of our homes on both local and international affiliate sites, including HomeAway, OwnersDirect, AirBnB, and TripAdvisor, to name just a few.
- PR and Press - as part of the OriginalCottages family, we've featured both in local press, as well as in national publications such as Christmas TV guides.
- Social Media - in an ever more digital world, we target social media with an engaged audience of over 2000 followers. This includes posting regularly with updates, offers and local news, as well as sponsored advertising to targeted customer groups.
- Targeted Campaign Marketing - once customers book their stay with Discovery, they're added to our growing database. This allows us to target them with special offers and points of interest which are specifically suited to them.
- Online Marketing - our dedicated SEO and Online Marketing experts make sure that our websites are seen by everyone. We regularly feature incredibly highly on search engine results for self-catering accommodation in our local hotspots, to ensure that we're up with the best.
- Signage - we're working on developing signage which can be displayed outside of your property, so that people who pass by know that they can book the property through our local offices or online.
These are just a few ways that Discovery Holiday Homes ensures that your self-catering apartment, cottage or big house is seen by guests and so maximises on your potential bookings.