With You through Every Stage of Your Holiday Letting Adventure
Letting your holiday cottage, apartment or other property in South Devon should be easy, and here at Discovery Hoilday Homes, we're here to make sure that every step of your journey, from purchasing a holiday home to the moment guests walk through your door, is as stress-free and enjoyable as it can possibly be!
Our team of local property experts are proud to live and work in South Devon, and whether you're searching for that special second home, or you're a seasoned expert looking for someone to take the stress out of marketing your property, Discovery Holiday Homes are the local team for you. With over 20 years' experience in holiday rentals, from owners of cottages ourselves, to seasoned marketing experts, our team will ensure that we maximise your potential bookings, whilst remaining realistic, honest and fair to you at all times.
Here you'll find more information on Discovery Holiday Homes, and why we're the experts in South Devon holiday home rentals.
What We Do
In short - we take the hard work out of holiday letting!
Our local team have a huge passion for South Devon and for holiday rentals in the area. We're just as excited to welcome you into our local family and even to see the bookings coming in for you, as you are! In fact, we often know more about the area, booking trends, and what's going to sell, before many of our competitors get the chance to think about it, thanks to our extensive and in-depth knowledge of the local area, commitment to the success of our portfolio, and the backing of The Original Cottage Company, a family-owned business whose marketing expertise and further experience helps us to provide you with the very best of a local and national effort in marketing, accounting and more.
There are a number of things which we think are key factors to beating the competition in South Devon. With the growing number of hoilday homes and cottages across Torbay, the South Hams, Teignmouth, Shaldon, Dawlish and beyond, we will work with you to make sure that your property maximises its exposure and potential.
It's always worth chatting with us about what's hot at the moment, but you can never go wrong with these favourite features...
- A Picture View
- Private Parking Space
- A Comfortable Interior with High-Quality Furnishings
- A Private Garden or Outside Space
- Allows Short Breaks
- Sleeps More than 2 Guests (our average group is families of four)
And to really make a hit with families...
- Welcomes Pets (they're part of the family too!)
- Under-Occupancy Discounts for Larger Properties
If you can secure at least three of these key features, we're sure that bookings will roll in for your property!
Providing Your Property with Maximum Exposure
As well as your property being marketed on Discovery Holiday Homes, we'll also market on a larger number of affiliate websites than many of our competitors, some of which they don't even have access to! These range from other local agencies such as Blueriver Cottages in Dartmouth, to our group site OriginalCottages.co.uk, as well as larger listing sites such as HomeAway.co.uk, AirBnB and TripAdvisor's HolidayLettings.
Being a local team with access to a larger marketing team and larger budgets, we're also able to maximise exposure of ourselves as a brand, and tagret audiences specifically who are likely to be interested in a particular area, style of cottage, type of break and more.
Location, location, location!
Looking for advice on where to buy your South Devon holiday cottage? The Discovery Holiday Homes team are all local, friendly faces who love the places they live and work - one has even travelled from abroad just to make her life right here in South Devon! We are at your disposal to help you decide, with our extensive local knowledge of what's hot and what's not, what's going to rent well individually rather than the blanket approach of our competitors. We also have fantastic relationships with some of our local estate agents and if you need us to check out a property online, or even come to a property viewing with you, we would be more than happy to do so. Here are a few guest favouites...
- Close to the Beach - that's why the majority of holidaymakers travel to South Devon
- Easy access to town centres
- Countryside villages with long walks
- Fishing village
Some of our guests' most popular destinations include...
- Stoke Gabriel
... but wherever your holiday cottage, apartment or big house is based, we are confident we can book it up for you!
Inside Your Property
Looking for inspiration and ideas on how to fill your property, from furnishings to those special touches? We are here to help! Here at Discovery Hoilday Homes we have expert staff with a keen eye for interior design, who are always happy to offer advice. With years of experience in the holiday lettings market we've seen plenty of different examples of what works and what doesn't, to make the interior of your holiday home a memory for all the right reasons! Some of our top tips include...
- A theme throughout the property - don't mix and match as people get confused!
- A link to the location of the property - if you're by the sea then why not include some seaside décor!
- Less can sometimes be more - don't overcomplicate things... just make it fun!
How We Work With You
Here's just a few of the ways that Discovery Holiday Homes works with you, for you!
- We offer you a friendly local service, unbeatable commission rates and great savings from our partners also.
- We know that as an owner you want the comfort of knowing that your property is in safe hands with a team who truly want the best for it, and for you. Our staff are selected for their friendly and warm yet professional nature, as well as their attention to detail.
- We recognise that your property is often the largest single investment you've made, and that you’re looking for the very best return on it, which is why we have a focussed local and national marketing strategy, a dedicated team, and a promise that we'll do our best and to try to exceed your expectations. But we're also very honest, and we won’t fill you with empty promises that we can't keep.
- We know that your property belongs to you, and we're grateful you've given us the opportunity to market it for you. That's why, unlike larger agencies, we have no restrictions on when or for how long you can book your holiday home. We know you'll want to enjoy it just as much as your guests will!
- We offer a bespoke online owners' portal, which means all of the information you'll need on income, bookings and more, as well as the ability to book your property, are right at your fingertips - day and night!
One of the key things customers look for these days is the price of what they're getting, and the value for money, and holiday letting is no exception! Here at Discovery Holiday Homes we carry out extensive market research and analyse current trends to ensure that your holiday home is priced competitively. This is critical to marketing your property effectively and is just another area of expertise in which our local team can help you.
We'll set a yearly tariff schedule bespoke to your property, but we'll also advise when we think it's time to increase prices in seasons which are popular, and offer discounted rates and special offers, to encourage and maximise booking potential. We don't set you in a band - we value your property as an individual, as no two are the same!
Got a question, or want more info? Request a call from our team, or a holiday home owners' brochure to be sent out, by clicking here!