Aptly named 'The Bonting' after the idyllic Shirley Hughes books, this 3 bed town house conjures up a dreamy retreat in which fond family memories are made.
The retreat's nostalgic ambience combines with a chic coastal-inspired interior and a central Torquay location; for a holiday home that ticks all the right boxes!
The pretty former pub offers newly-renovated accommodation across three quirky yet practical family-friendly floors and equipped with Wi-Fi. Ideally catering for flexible groups of 6, 'The Bonting' lets you relax, entertain and make the most of Torquay's top visitor highlights.
Inside, an inviting lower ground floor featuring a fully-equipped spot lit kitchen & diner with accompanying snug area and direct access out to a private decked terrace with garden sets the scene for carefree summertime enjoyment, as well as ambient wintertime stays.
The retreat's equally light and airy ground floor features a welcoming family living room with 42" Smart TV with DVD player and movie library. Couples can also enjoy a guilt-free slumber on this floor, to the stylish master double bedroom with en suite shower.
The interior of the 1st floor enjoys a playful twist and features a coastal-inspired 2nd double bedroom and a 3rd nautical-themed twin bedroom. A lovely modern fitted bathroom with bath tub with shower over & glass screen (fitted after the photos were taken); completes the layout of the family-friendly upper floor.
Complemented by a large under stair utility cupboard fitted with a washing machine, a box of kids toys, a high chair and close proximity to public parking; guests can easily kick back and feel right at home.
Enjoying a lovely sunny aspect, the inviting end-of-terrace home enjoys a convenient location very close to Torquay's wide spectrum of shops, its wide selection of award-winning restaurants and the buzzing harbour side & festoon lit promenade.
From soaking up water sports and a classic beach day at Torre Abbey Sands to exploring the rich abundance of world-class heritage attractions, enjoying the family-friendly amusements and experiencing the plethora of leisure pursuits, fine dining venues and dynamic night life, Torquay offers a top year-round destination for making those precious holiday moments count!
Lower Ground Floor Snug
- Sink into the sumptuous comfort of the soft sofa, which accompanies the beautiful ground floor kitchen & diner.
- The cosy snug area leads directly out onto a sunny private decked terrace and garden laid with AstroTurf.
Ground Floor Living Room
- A bright and inviting front facing living room, ideal for movie nights-in and daytime moments together.
- Furnished with modern fabric sofas, a coffee table and a large 42" Smart TV.
- Accompanied by a DVD player, a movie library, free Wi-Fi and a selection of kids toys.
Ground Floor Kitchen Diner
- A fabulous family-friendly space with high-spec Kitchen Diner and snug.
- The contemporary spot lit kitchen easily allows guests to make the most of a self-catering stay.
- Fitted with wooden work tops, tall fridge freezer, a cooker hob, oven, microwave, electric kettle, toaster, dishwasher and all the necessary cooking utensils and crockery.
- Accompanied by a charming chalky white round dining table for 6 and a snug sitting area.
- Perfect for effortless year-round entertaining, the open plan area leads out to a decked terrace and lovely child-friendly garden.
Ground Floor - Master Bedroom
- An impeccably presented master suite with sumptuous double bed, wardrobe and luxury en-suite shower room.
- The stylish spot-lit interior has a coastal flavour and is finished in a sophisticated palette of grey and yellow.
First Floor - Bedroom 2
- A beautiful coastal-themed double bedroom furnished with a comfortable bed, chest of drawers, a dressing table mirror and wardrobe full of nautical flavour and holiday fun.
First Floor - Bedroom 3
- Perfectly suited for children.
- A playful nautical-themed bedroom furnished with 2 modern single beds, a chest of drawers, a side table, wardrobe & a 22" smart TV.
Ground Floor Master En-suite
- A lovely chic shower room fitted with a power shower, wash basin and WC.
First Floor Family Bathroom
- A contemporary spot-lit bathroom.
- Ideal for long hot ambient soaks in the tub and practical child-friendly bath times.
- Fitted with a bath tub, shower overhead, glass screen, wash basin, mirror, WC and heated towel rail.
The stylish interior is complemented by a sunny private decked area and AstroTurf grass beyond towards the gated rear entrance.
The beautiful holiday home offers the perfect central location for enjoying Torquay on foot. Public parking is also situated in the residential roads directly outside & all around.
With Torquay's top coastal highlights, visitor attractions and modern day amenities on the doorstep, the central location of 'The Bonting' places guests exactly where they need to be.
Setting the scene for timeless seaside stays, the gem of the English Riviera is as much a group getaway hotspot as a family holiday destination. So take on a picturesque Golf course with friends, soak up some sun & sea at Torre Abbey Sands and Meadfoot Beach (the favourite childhood haunt of Agatha Christie) before wining and dining at one of the many fabulous restaurants, as the sun goes down and the buzzing bars come alive.
Sea-faring families and friends can make waves with a 'sea-fari', an idyllic boat trip, surfing, sailing, fishing and a day out at Living Coasts, or with one of the many other water sport opportunities on offer.
Ideal for cultural distractions too, Torquay is home to the Torquay Museum, Torre Abbey Historical House & Gardens, Cockington Court and the Palace Theatre (for those seeking a classic matinee moment or evening out).
Perfect for making the most of the outdoors, Torquay also offers the perfect excuse to take in the spectacular coast and country scenery by foot, canoe, horse or by bike; with easy access to Cockington Country Park, the South West Coastal Path and the nearby Dartmoor National Park.
Other nearby holiday distractions include Paignton Zoo, Dinosaur World, Kents Cavern, and the treasure trove of 40+ National Trust properties just waiting to be discovered in the local area (including Agatha Christie's Greenway House).
Easily-accessible too, Torquay is well-connected by train station, coach station, local bus routes and close proximity to the M5 and airports of Plymouth (62 minutes' drive away) and Exeter International (43 minutes' drive away).
Notes:This property has a £350 Good housekeeping deposit, which is payable to Discovery Holiday Homes with the balance of your holiday OR at the checkout you can choose to pay the £5 per person Good housekeeping deposit waiver instead.
Amenities, Attractions & Activities
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi available
- No private parking
- Bed linen provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor WC
- Smoking not permitted
- Towels included
- Washing machine
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|D||22nd April 2017 - 26th May 2017||£600.00|
|H||27th May 2017 - 2nd June 2017||£803.00|
|F||3rd June 2017 - 7th July 2017||£730.00|
|I||8th July 2017 - 21st July 2017||£897.00|
|K||22nd July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£1,017.00|
|G||2nd September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£756.00|
|E||30th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£657.00|
|G||21st October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£756.00|
|A||28th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£443.00|
|J||23rd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£928.00|
|A||1st January 2018 - 9th February 2018||£443.00|
|C||10th February 2018 - 16th February 2018||£584.00|
|B||17th February 2018 - 30th March 2018||£548.00|
|F||31st March 2018 - 20th April 2018||£730.00|
|D||21st April 2018 - 25th May 2018||£600.00|
|H||26th May 2018 - 8th June 2018||£803.00|
|F||9th June 2018 - 6th July 2018||£730.00|
|I||7th July 2018 - 20th July 2018||£897.00|
|K||21st July 2018 - 31st August 2018||£1,017.00|
|G||1st September 2018 - 28th September 2018||£756.00|
|E||29th September 2018 - 19th October 2018||£657.00|
|G||20th October 2018 - 26th October 2018||£756.00|
|A||27th October 2018 - 21st December 2018||£443.00|
|J||22nd December 2018 - 24th December 2018||£928.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
“The Bonting has been beautifully refurbished with all mid-cons and is a lovely house that easily accommodated our family of 5.”Lucy & family - 1st June 2016
“This house is perfect for a family or bunch of friends to enjoy Torquay. The area is hilly which sets the scene for some stunning views. We enjoyed sitting in the garden with a great view in the spring sunshine - I felt like I was abroad!The house contains everything we could need and looks nice too, a fresh modern crisp décor with some homely touches. We would recommend staying there. Sue is a great host and recommendation to eat at the seafront restaurant 'On The Rocks' was a winner.”Alice from London - 1st April 2016
Stayed for a long weekend in the Easter holidays. With a children's play park near by, and the centre of Torquay, its harbour, beach and the French Market a mere ten-minute stroll away the house is perfectly located.Immaculate throughout, with a real holiday feel The Bonting provides a home from home for the family. The lounge is the perfect snug to settle down and watch a film with loved ones, while the downstairs living space has everything you need to entertain while preparing dinner.Without doubt, I will be making a repeat booking here! Clive Hill, Berkshire - 1st March 2016
Had a long weekend here and had an excellent time. House is in an excellent location with easy access to the harbour and beach being a 10 minute walk away. Would recommend to friends and would come back again.G. Bilbey, London - 1st January 2016
Stayed here for 3 nights. Everything needed was supplied. Absolutely excellent decorative order.Lovely comfortable beds, really slept well.Walkable to town centre and seafront, easy parking too.Would highly recommend and will definitely book againCharlotte Fitch, Essex - 1st January 2016