Braeside was formerly an old coach house and is a wonderfully spacious holiday home situated on the lower Warberry hillside just above the prestigious Wellswood Village - a charming & historic neighbourhood conveniently situated within walking distance of Meadfoot Beach, scenic Lincombe Manor Gardens & Torquay's cosmopolitan town & seafront. Braeside is a perfect retreat for friends & families of 4 in a lovely location!
Braeside has a very convenient layout - providing plenty of space throughout the living and dining areas, making it ideally suited for family and friends to spend time together. Whether you are cooking or serving your meal, the property’s kitchen is well-equipped and easy to use. The bedrooms are hidden away from the main living areas, so you are able to enjoy a relaxing evening or lazy morning without being disturbed.
The cherry on the top of the cake of this wonderful property, is being able to enjoy a morning coffee or evening glass of wine in the pocket-sized romantic paved garden spot for two, with bistro table and chairs just outside the entrance to the house.
Amenities in Braeside:
- Braeside is essentially on one level with 2 steps up from the road, 6 steps up to the front door & 4 steps up to the lounge inside
- 2 bedrooms - one bedroom with zip&link beds & wardrobe & king size bedroom with large wardrobes, drawers & TV (sleeps up to 4 guests + baby)
- 1 shower room, WC, hand basin, cupboard housing washing machine & tumble dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, tall fridge freezer (50/50), microwave, toaster, kettle & Nespresso coffee maker
- Feature dining room with raised sky light ceiling above a dining table for 6 guests to enjoy
- 2 flush kitchen cupboards with useful items such as flip top bin, hoover, brushes, iron & ironing board, larder shelves & the boiler
- Lovely large lounge perfect for relaxing
- Wi-Fi throughout the house
- 2 TV’s, DVD, a selections of films, Smart TV (FreeView) & a good selection of games & books
- Small scale outside space with table and chairs for a drink and chat
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels
- Travel cot & high chair available at the property
- Lay-by roadside parking for your car
Wellswood has a fantastic collection of shops, cafés, restaurants & the Kents Pub. If you keep on walking down Ilsham Road beyond the shops, it's only another 10 - 15 minutes' walk from the delights of Meadfoot Beach, an award-winning beach & café for a number of years with a mix of sand and shingle.
Torquay is a cosmopolitan resort with a real continental atmosphere. The many restaurants bring out the West Country flavour in a diverse range of cuisine from award winning fish & chips to Internationally inspired gastronomy. From air displays to cultural events, this seaside resort knows how to cater to everyone's tastes, and it certainly knows how to party, too. For water sports, fishing and sailing, Torquay, Paignton & Brixham have a fabulous choice of beaches, while the evenings provide fine dining, theatre, cinema and star studded shows for all the family, all just a walk away on the sea front down below.
Notes: This property has a refundable Accidental Damage Deposit of £200, which is payable to Discovery Holiday Homes with the final balance of your holiday, eight weeks prior to your arrival, and is refunded within 5 working days of your departure. Alternatively, you may wish to pay a non-refundable Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver equivalent to 10% of the Accidental Damage Deposit value, which covers you for the full value of the Accidental Damage Deposit, should any damage occur during your stay. . For a full list of beds, as well as amenities available at this property, please go to our 'At a Glance' tab below the photo gallery.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi available
- No private parking
- No garden/courtyard
- Ground floor bedroom
- 2 Double beds
- Bed linen provided
- 0.2 mile to nearest pub
- Central heating
- Travel Cot
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor WC
- On one level
- Smoking not permitted
- Towels included
- Washing machine
- Area fitness centre
We had a excellent time, thank you!Mr Norman Sutorius - 29th August 2018
Wanted to tell you that Braeside was wonderful. A real five star treat. Owners have done a great job and have created something extraordinary. Exceeded expectations and will certainly book again next time in Torquay. Thank youNigel and Family form Australia - 29th June 2018
The property is well equipped, spacious and comfortable. Efficient service from holiday homes and Will. Nice area. We stayed there to visit family locally.Mrs Diane Leach - 4th April 2018